Nanofilm is Asia’s nanotechnology solutions leader with strong innovation DNA, founded in 1999 as a high-tech spinoff from Nanyang Technological University, specializing in advanced materials and nanoproducts.
Our proprietary materials with special surface properties and nano-engineering capabilities, customized to our customers needs, have redrawn market boundaries with limitless potential.
Our mission critical game-changing applications in multiple industries today place us well in value chain integration as we transform into a future-generation nanotechnology solutions company.
In time when each market industry where our technology catalyzes matures, we will transform and become a significant player in those industries.
Each industry holds the promise to be a powerful standalone business for Nanofilm: be it 3C, Automotive, New Energy, Biomedical, Consumer Goods or Optical Sensing.
Proliferating our nanotechnology solutions
- Established a new Headquarter at Tai Seng, Singapore
- Built New Zigong Plant Apex Tech at China and a new
Vietnam Fabrication 2
- Built new plants at Osaka, Japan & Huizhou, China
Developed Anti-Corrosion and Optical Hard AR Coating
- Commissioned Shanghai Plant 2, approximately twice the size of Shanghai Plant 1, with a gross built-up area of 66,406 sqm
- JV investment with Temasek in Sydrogen Energy Pte. Ltd., our Group’s foray into the hydrogen economy
- Established JV in China with CYPR to provide coated piston rings
- Expanded into Nanofabrication through acquisition
- Listed on SGX Mainboard
- Commenced operations at Shanghai Plant 1
- Progressed towards Smart Factory – Industry 4.0 to increase automation and robotics
- Our iTAC® was adopted by the Japanese automotive market for piston rings
- Commenced functional coating services for smart wearable devices
- Sole supplier for tablet logos for a customer
- World’s first FCVA in-line system, suitable for coating on plastics
- Commercialised CdTe thin film solar cell production line
- Developed low / high temperature PVD in-line system
- Commenced surface solution services for Customer Z
- Our aspherical glass lens mold became industry standard
- Developed CdTe thin film surface solution for solar cells
- Our Advanced Materials were adopted by the multi-function printer industry, with customers such as Canon and Fuji Xerox
- Offered TAC-ON® and MiCC® Advanced Materials
- First application in the hard disk drive industry
- Dr Shi founded NanoFilm, a deep-technology company rooted in science